It's another beautiful day!

Hello to my new followers!

It's a gorgeous (but chilly) morning in Brighton and I think I will attack the garden. All the hedges have gone berserk with the recent rain we have had. There isn't much colour in the garden at the moment all the annuals are looking a bit sad and my favourites, the Agapanthus are just starting to droop. 
This sculpture is by Ptolemy and is made from recycled hubcaps. It is 4' long and resides on top of one of the many telegraph poles in my garden.


I love this transition into Autumn, it's my favourite time of year. You can smell the change in the air and I start to feel my energy flooding back - and not before time. Having had a quiet August I have found it hard to get motivated. I have got lots of pre planning done for 2012. The Australia/New Zealand trip is on in April which is very exciting. I do have a confession to make though - those of you who have been following this will know - I have been very distracted by my 'boy shopping' on a very popular online dating website. It is quite addictive - I have met up with few guys and may - just may - have caught a live one girls - so watch this space . . . . Oh dear, what am I doing?????


I am excited about getting back to work and torturing new students. My first session is at Art Van Go. I am delivering a 4 day design workshop next week and I'm just thinking about what I might need. 
 Vonnie (2 trollies) taking sections from one of her designs earlier this summer.

The week after that I shall be back at The Bramble Patch Delivering a 2 day workshop - Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - 16th and 17th September and I think there are a couple of places left.

Lutradur 130, 30 and polyester organza (with Bondaweb/Vliesofix on the back) cut with a soldering iron and ironed onto pre dyed Craft Vilene.

Tomorrow I start making samples for The Design and Technology show in November. I have been loaned a Big Shot Pro. This is a die cutting system by Ellison/Sissix for cardmaking and scrapbooking. However the dies also cut all the pelmet Vilenes and most fabrics. Yehhaaaa!!! I am going to have some fun making some boxes decorated with sequins, glitter and stitch and generally have a great time. I will let you know how I get on in a couple of days . . . . 

Have a nice dayeeeeeeeee x x x

Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016