Nymans Gardens

 The ruins and the house at Nymans

I have been mooning around this week, I just cant seem to get my act together. I think it is because it is August and nothing much is happening. I need to be busy to be busy  - does that make sense? I'm not very good at motivating myself. 
Case in point is this blog. My sister and I took my parents to Nymans Gardens on Sunday and I had meant to post this on Monday!!!!

Nymans has the most stunning gardens and grounds with added benefit of beautiful ruins. It is just off the A23 in East Sussex and is run by the National Trust. There is a great cafe there where you can buy meals and cakes and there is also a fantastic garden centre where you can buy the plants you see in the gardens and lots of other wonderful things like very reasonable garden furniture. It really is an excellent day out. Nymans Garden

  The red border

The planting, topiary and colour combinations are truly inspirational, even if you aren't into gardening, you cant help but be knocked out by the sheer beauty of the place.

 One of the main borders

 I love this colour combination

Fallen seed heads in the border

 One of the beautiful fountains at Nymans


 So if you fancy a day out I can't recommend Nymans enough.

I'm off to The Festival of Quilts at the NEC tomorrow, I can't wait to meet up with everyone and catch up with all my mates. As some of you will know I should have had my usual stand at this show but had to pull out for family reasons - but I can escape for one day and I intend to make the most of it. Maybe see you there . . . .

 

Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016