Castanea - Part 5 of 5

 
the last evening, the courses are finished and we are having our last drinks on the terrace

The last day was a gentle dash to get samples finished and try anything anyone thought they had missed. It is always difficult to stop the day running away with you when you are finishing a course.

 
 Jane Sadgrove had been working in the upstairs studio all week and had had difficulty getting Marion and Lee down for meals, they were totally hooked on what they were doing. They were learning special stitches and starting to make beautiful bags. They have the patience of a saint. 

 
 We all gathered together for a 'show and tell' at 5 o'clock and Jane Bolsover arrived with some fizz to finish the courses off with a bit of sparkle. Everyone seemed to be pleased with what they achieved during the week.

Pauline taking a rest from entertaining us with great jokes all week

The 2 Jills,  I am so cross this image is slightly out of focus, I was laughing when I took the shot

So that is about it - I hope you have enjoyed seeing what we got up to in Spain, I think it gives you a good idea of how the courses are run. So if you fancy joining me in September I will be teaching Hot Textiles from the 11th to the 16th. 

Go on - come and join in the fun!

 X

Next week I am teaching at Art Van Go on the 27th & 28th and will report back next weekend. I know I will have a brilliant time as Viv And Kevin are wonderful hosts and everyone is always very well looked after, my main problem is to not spend tooo much money in the shop . . . !
Have a fantastic Easter, don't eat too much chocolate and enjoy the break.

X


Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016