Re Launch of Shoreham Gallery

Shoreham Gallery, 27 Brunswick Road, Shoreham - by - Sea

I am now part of a co-operative! oooeerrr!!!! There are 20 or so artists in the group and we all take turns in manning the gallery and taking on extra jobs to help things run smoothly. The gallery is just by Shoreham railway station so we are busy all day with passing trade and regulars popping in for a chat. The area is full of lovely small independent shops, it has a small village feel - quite intimate. I love being in the gallery, it makes such a wonderful change to dashing all over the country. The gallery was previously a few streets away from it's present location and we moved 3 weeks ago to these lovely new premises. There is a small garden at the back and a room upstairs I will able to use for workshops - Yeehaa!!! Somewhere to teach near me. The room is on the small side so I think it would take 8 students, that's enough to have some fun!



The re launch party was from 4 pm - 7pm, all the artists had jobs to do. replace light bulbs, polish glass, get the kitchen clear and ready for action. We had live music during the party - it always makes such a difference.


The lovely Wanda created some fabulous canapes, very tasty morsels with just a little garlic.. . . mmmm!!! they were scrummy. We were also serving strawberries and chocolate - Oh I tell you, it is SUCH a nightmare having to be sociable while munching.


By 5 o'clock it was very busy and we were starting sell well, from small night light holders to large paintings. It was so good to see things going well, everyone has worked so hard to get to this point. The ribbon was cut by 'William Shakespeare' to formally open the gallery and he read out a few sonnets for good measure. 

'William Shakespeare' with some of the artists and party guests

The ribbon - cut

 it got quite crowded and and we had to spill out into the garden and onto the pavement


 This very special girl is Jose Heasman, you may know of her as an amazing stained glass artist who exhibits in my Open House. Jose has been the driving force behind the gallery, the move and organising the party and all the artists. I don't know where she gets her energy from.
She is a Superstar! 


I received a copy of my new book, Layered Textiles, this morning - there are 4 copies in the country at the moment. The super advance copies are sent out to check the quality of the printing before the main delivery is dispatched. My editor very kindly sent me one of these precious copies. I was a bit concerned about the new style of cover - I needn't have been - it is FAB. I won't say anymore apart from - you will enjoy stroking it!!!!! The content of the book is O.K. too. My delivery should arrive direct from the printers on the 1st of August. I have loads of orders to get out - all with their special free pack of goodies.

x

I'm off tomorrow to attend the Textile Study Group Summer School. I shall be a student and it will be BLISS!!!! I have nearly sorted all the materials I need, I will pack the car in the morning.
 It's 11.20pm, it's been a busy and very exciting day, what with the book arriving by FedEx and the re-launch - time for bed I think . . . . .  

x

 

Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016