News from Ballarat


A beautiful sample of Vilene Spunbond CS500 that has been backed with Bondaweb and then cut with a soldering iron. The cut shapes are then ironed onto more Vilene Spunbond.

It is Wednesday - halfway through my week at Ballarat. There are 16 tutors teaching groups of students all over Ballarat Grammar School. We all are having a great time and working hard. We have an afternoon off today so i am catching up on the blog and then I will have a snooze - I need to re-charge my batteries - I am still not quite right - the drugs help a lot though!

 my girls painting acres of Bondaweb

I have a FABULOUS group of students, they are very patient with this strange women from the U.K. who shouts orders at them - they are starting to get used to me . . . . The ladies are working very hard and are excited about working with products that are new to them such as Decovil, Tyvek and Spunbond.

 

The girls working in the textiles studio

 Just Bondaweb, painted and then ironed onto a white background - Gorgeous!

Tyvek experiments.

There is of course PLENTY of chocolate about . . . . . 

Vilene Spunbond CS800 - coloured with procion dye and then zapped with a heat gun.

 
 More Spunbond being zapped with a heat gun.

 
Ruth stitching into her zapped Spunbond.

 
Julie-Ann's lovely layered newspaper sample.

So - you can see we are covering a lot of ground - I will take more photos as we go. I don't know when  I will be able to post again as it will be full on for the rest of the week and I fly to Sydney on Saturday and then get a train to  the Blue Mountains where i have no idea if I will get Internet access.

I am having a fantastic time and am being very well looked after - it is great being part of such a wonderful team, I am a very lucky girl . . . . 

x


Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016