Chiltern Embroidery and Textile Group

5 layers of the coloured CS500 Vilene Spunbond  
layered and zapped together to make a fabulous background on which to stitch.

This is just a quick catch up - I'm off to to give a lecture for the Windsor and Maidenhead branch of the Embroiderers Guild tomorrow night and then a 'Hot new jewelled surfaces for stitch' workshop on Saturday so there will be lots of scrummy images of distressed and embossed Vilene Spunbond for you to look at next week.

I just wanted mention a rather fabulous group that I gave a lecture to on Monday night at Tylers Green Village Hall where they meet once a month. The Chiltern Embroidery and Textiles Group are an independent group and are VERY well organised and friendly. The members are interested in all areas of textiles and stitch from very traditional to coming over to the dark side with me. Everyone seems to get on really well and are very supportive of each other. If you live anywhere near them I would recommend joining them or at least having a look at their programme of events at www.chiltern-embroidery-and-textiles.co.uk

As you have probably gathered I was very impressed with them AND they have their own data proctor which made my job SO much easier.


I will report back on my antics in Maidenhead on Monday,
Have a great weekend.

x

Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016