The first few days in Dublin.

 
 Finnegan's of Dalkey.

 I had a brilliant time staying with my cousin Emer in Blackrock, Dublin. She was a very generous hostess and we had great fun together. 
My first evening was spent in Finnegan's in Dalkey. A very beautiful pub - VERY high Victoriana. It was a fabulous evening, just watching everyone enjoying themselves.

We visited several of the local sights - my favourite being Powerscourt House and Gardens. www.powerscourt.ie

I couldn't walk all that far as my knee is rather uncomfortable after my twisting incident at the Rugby club in Redditch a couple of weekends ago. I saw enough to know I want to go back - what a remarkable place.

Powerscourt House.

The statues, pots and stairs on the main terrace are very beautiful . . . .


 

There are several stunning water features, along with all manner of Japanese gardens, walled gardens, woodland walks and all the usual attractions you would expect from a top visitors centre.



I must say that everywhere I have been so far in Ireland the service and help I have received is second to none.


This has been my favourite view so far - taken from the road to Powerscourt.


The most exciting and exquisite place I have been to so far is the Cafe en Seine - www.cafeenseine.ie on Dawson Street in Dublin's shopping area. It is straight out of the Belle Epoque period in France. The lights are quite quite remarkable. Various types and styles - absolutely gorgeous.



x x x

We set up the stands for The Knitting and Stitching Show today, I am staying in a house with Laura my other half on the stand and Viv and Kevin from Art Van Go. We are all sitting around after dinner in a local pub wanting to get to bed - but not having the energy . . . . . 

I will take loads of photos of the show over the next few days and let you know what is happening.

Night, night. x


Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016