The Knitting and Stitching Show - Dublin October 31 - November 3rd - Part 1

The National College of Art and Design of Dublin.

The Knitting and Stitching Show in Dublin was a splendid affair. I was expecting a very quiet show as the whole population of Ireland is roughly equivalent to that of Birmingham, but I was wrong. We were very busy, obviously not as busy as Ally Pally - but a very healthy turnout. It was great to meet so many interested visitors.

There were some different different stands at this show, not all the exhibits from the U.K shows travel to Dublin - I thought I would highlight a few of them over the next few posts.
 


The stand I most enjoyed was the National College of Art and Design of Dublin. The work was outstanding - particularly innovative. Also very colourful. www.ncad.ie

 



 
 














  

I think you will agree the work has energy and great imagination. I really loved it.
The Irish graduates put on an exciting show - I will post about them next . . . .


x x x

I am catching up with loads of admin this week and am teaching in Basingstoke tomorrow and in the Cotswolds on Saturday. There aren't enough hours in the day this week . . . 

x

Hi Diana, will get on with the C4C stuff on Monday.
Hi Jill - how's my girl?


Comments

  1. Absolutely knackered! First day back today, on a reduced timetable. The girls have done so much while I've been off, heavily into knitting, they will love the college photos above. Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016