From one show at the NEC to another at Excel, Docklands.


A splendid sparkly sample.

So - that's The NEC done and dusted, at least until August anyway. The Fashion, Embroidery & Stitch Show was great fun and was very busy. I have various roles at the show, it is my busiest show of the year.
One of my roles is to run the Vilene Workshop. 5 x 45 minute workshops a day with 5 different tutors. This year it was Lynda Monk, me, Fran Holmes, Tina Francis and Jayne Routley.

One of my workshops getting under way.

The workshops are free and are always popular. I will be running similar workshops at Excel from Friday - www.fashionembroidery.co.uk/london/workshops. I will also be giving a lecture every day.

These are some of the samples the ladies produced in 45 minutes.

Lots of sparkle and twinkle on painted Bondaweb.

My workshop is 'Sparkle and Twinkle' , using all manner of sparkle and transfer foils on painted Bondaweb. This process makes fabulous surfaces for stitch.

The other tutors had stands at the show . . .

 Tina Francis taught a great monoprinting workshop.

Jayne Routley works with me on my stand and also teaches a workshop for me. This year it was Fluffy Butterflies.
 
Fran Holmes taught a great workshop making leaves with Vilene Spunbond and Decovil. Her black and white stand was brilliant, showcasing her techniques with Vilene Spunbond.
Fran doesn't have a website but she will be teaching her workshop again at Excel on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Lynda Monk is a fabulous tutor, always generous with her time and knowledge. She delivered a splendid workshop everyday on her techniques and I just didn't get a chance to take a photo. I am so cross with myself, her Lacey Leaves created with Vilene Spunbond and Xpandaprint were absolutely beautiful.

 This is Lynda's website www.purplemissus.com

All the top traders were at the show, including my dear mateys Art Van Go. They have everything you could possibly need to create wonderful work.

The girls on the Art Van Go stand. Art Van Go has a new online shop -

I didn't manage to get a picture of Viv as she was always dashing about.
I found Kevin on Susan Chapman's stand, they were both having a good old catch up.

I was very excited to have T shirts I had decorated with foiled Hot Spots on the catwalk at the show, they really looked good - very sparkly


Hot Spots on the catwalk.

I have a had a new delivery of Hot Spots, I was getting a bit low. It seems that every other order I receive on nid-noi.com is for Hot Spots. They are really taking off. www.nid-noi.com/product/HOTSP.

I have one more day at home then I will be off to Excel for Fashion & Embroidery at its London venue. If you are coming to the show, do drop by by and say Hello!! 
I will have a small part of the Experimental Textiles exhibition next to my stand.

More soon . . .

x x x


Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016