A week on the West Coast of County Clare - just looking . . .

The cliffs at Kilkee.

There now follows a promotional post on the glories of The Wild Atlantic Way, on the West Coast of County Clare, Ireland . .  Well that is what it is going to seem like.

I have just returned from the most glorious week in Ireland, I am now looking for a property to buy over there, well I hope I have found one - but we shall see . . . The weather was amazing long, hot sunny days - every day, it is still warm there now - I am here in chilly old Brighton. However - there are worse places to be.

This is just a quick post, I am teaching this weekend so there will be a Hot Textiles post early next week. I am slowly working through all of my bookings. I am not taking any more for next year til I know what is happening and where I will be living. I will be doing the shows next year - but will probably be it. I have 5 workshops left this year - 2 are 5 day summer schools. My diary is on the right hand side of the blog - with links to the venues. 

Experimental Textiles is now full and will be starting later this month and ending in March 2017 - then that will be it for a while.


 Back to Ireland -
The beaches along the West Coast of County Clare are wonderful, sandy. I am used to pebbles in Brighton. The sea sounds less angry when it comes in over sand.


 The huge beach at Lahinch.


 I am particularly fond of the coastline at Crumlin, the rocks were carved out in the ice age, amazing textures.


 On the cliffs at Crumlin.

My cousin has a house down in Carrigaholt where I stay, it is always good having family around. Especially one who knows the area so well. She has been a wonder.


 The pier at Carrigaholt.


As with most fishing piers there is always plenty of inspiration. . .

 
Gorgeous textures.


 That's it for now - more next week.

 ***




My new work is in this fabulous open house in Shoreham by Sea as part of the Adur Art Trail.  I popped in today to drop a few things off - my goodness it does look good - such a beautiful variety of work.

15 The Meadway Shorehamby Sea, Sussex, BN43 5RN

It is open the first 3 weekends in June 10am - 4pm. I will be there on the 18th/19th.



 ***

Hello Diana - not long now.
Jill 14 sleeps - Yeehaa!!!  
Tod - exciting times - squeeeellllll.

x x x


Comments

  1. I love Ireland. I have very close friends who live in Castle Connell and we spend a lot of time in Clare as well as Limerick. Last time I was there we saw white tailed sea eagles at Mount Shannon on the banks of Loch Derg in Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! That must have been amazing. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016